National Account Manager - Door & Window Manufacturers Segment
Bridgeport Worldwide has an immediate opening for a talented, personable, motivated, and experienced National Account Manager located in CT, Southeast Florida, or the Toronto area. You will be responsible for end-to-end sales of architectural hardware solutions to door and window manufacturers across North America. Join the team and help us on our journey to establishing Bridgeport Worldwide as THE hardware vendor to high-end door and window manufacturers across North America!
Bridgeport Worldwide is a small (~25 person) but growing company in the high-end North American design and construction sector. We import, market, help specify, and sell high-performance architectural hardware from all over the world.
Our business works with designers, dealers, door and window manufacturers, and builders to help them create beautiful environments for their clients. Our success is contingent on our ability to educate anyone in the design/build universe, including our direct customers, on how to properly specify and integrate our product offerings into their product lines and projects.
Who You Are and Why We Need You
We need your help to manage and grow our existing customer base of high-end door and window manufacturers. Under the general supervision of the Sales & Marketing Manager, you will work closely with our Sales, Customer Service, Product Management, and Operations teams to grow our business by ensuring our customers get what they need from us, when they need it, while introducing them to new products that can help them grow their businesses. You are comfortable spending 25% to 35% of your work time on the road visiting customers.
Goal-oriented and sales-motivated, you are a proactive problem solver with a great dose of humor and curiosity. You will need to be able to understand the technical aspects of Bridgeport Worldwide’s industry and products. You've worked in the construction trades or closely with building product manufacturers for much of your career thus far, and you understand the building process and how things are made. You are a tech-savvy self-starter who’s not afraid to ask questions to find solutions to your customer's needs. You genuinely care for the businesses and people.
Your Tasks in a Nutshell
- Identifying new business opportunities and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders in the door and window manufacturing industry.
- Organizing appointments for meetings or calls
- Hosting virtual and onsite presentations with prospects and customers
- Travel to shows and events
- Conducting market research to identify trends and opportunities, and presenting findings to the management team.
- Developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies to promote the company's architectural hardware solutions.
- Managing the sales process from lead generation to closing deals and ensuring customer satisfaction
What Your Days Look Like
- Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with customers
- Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts
- Educate customers on how our products or services can benefit them financially and professionally
- Sell the company’s products or services to customers within your given territory
- Monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand a customer's specific needs
- Work closely with the Product Management and Marketing department to help build each of the brands you represent
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed-upon sales targets and outcomes
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other departments
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of best practices and industry trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
What You Need
- BS/BA degree
- Proven work experience as a successful Sales/Account Manager in the construction/building product industry
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and generating new business
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Experience selling to building product manufacturers
- A strong sense of products and B2B customers' needs
- Mechanically proficient, good with your hands, with an understanding of/affinity to product engineering
- Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices along with the ability to build productive professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target-driven with a proven track record in sales
- Prioritizing, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience's needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Desire to learn and grow
Sounds like you? Apply now ! Send your resume and tell us why you are perfect for this job!
What You Get
- The opportunity to own your role and grow with us.
- Gain expertise in a unique industry centered on high-end design and architecture.
- A great team of engaged talents to grow with.
- A warm and understanding company culture.
- Hands on training and support from experienced team members.
Business Hours: M-F 9 am to 5 pm
Location: CT, South East FL, Toronto area
Job Type: Full-time
Bridgeport Worldwide strives to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences make our service, and our company better.
Interested in working with us?
Fill out the application below and a member of our team will be in touch with you.