Product Line Manager
Bridgeport Worldwide has an immediate opening for a Product Line Manager (PLM). Join the team and help us on our journey to become the global leader in specialty Architectural Hardware solutions!
Bridgeport Worldwide is a small (~20 person) but growing company in the high-end North American design and construction sector. We import, market, help specify and sell high-performance building supplies from all over the world.
Our business works with designers, dealers, OEMs and builders to help them create beautiful environments for their clients. Our success is contingent on our ability to educate anyone in the design/build universe, including our direct customers, on how to properly specify and integrate our product offering into their projects.
Who you are and why we need you
The brands you will manage have an incredible 5-10+ years of consistent growth, and need your help to keep the momentum going. Under the general supervision of the Managing Director, you work closely with our marketing department and that of our vendors, along with our Sales, Customer Service, Product Management and Operations teams to manage existing products, new product development, product line growth, and the day-to-day management of initiatives within the product line (or lines) assigned to you. You are responsible for determining product promotion strategies, positioning, and product line profitability.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage your brands’ product line portfolio.
- Ensure gross margin requirements are met, maximize realized gross margins.
- Discuss various product development options with the team and upper management.
- Develop business cases, business proposals and strategic, objective driven roadmaps for both incremental evolution and program specific development projects.
- Devise Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy (customer segmentation/acquisition) in collaboration with sales and marketing.
- Develop segment-specific business plans including product positioning, financial goals, competitive analysis, target customers, and go-to-market strategy.
- Increase product line profitability with competitive analysis studies and collaborate with sales teams to understand trends and future needs of inventory.
- Monitor market trends and coordinate product and market development.
- Work closely with Operations and Product Management on your lines’ returns and inventory strategies.
- Determine and define customer requirements to open new opportunities for growth.
- Create and manage new Vendor and OEM/Dealer Programs to drive revenue growth.
- Work with Sales and the Creative team to construct and deliver internal training materials and customer training guides.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree
- Related experience in the design/construction, AED sector
- 7+ years of proven track record of taking ownership and driving business results.
- Data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Good understanding of the B2B selling and relationship management.
- A real interest in architectural hardware.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Competitive analysis
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Strategic agility
- Financial acumen
- Experience leading complex enterprise partnerships
- Problem solving
- Market research
- Project management
- Product vision
- Product development
- International B2B relationship management
- Customer service
- Cross functional team leadership
- Communication and negotiating skills
B-W Covid 19 Hiring Status
Bridgeport Worldwide will be conducting remote interviews and hiring during this period. This role is a full time, on-site position in Bridgeport, Connecticut. It is expected to start partially remotely. Due to the current Covid 19 situation, we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Bridgeport Worldwide strives to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences make our service, and our company better.
Interested in working with us?
Fill out the application below and a member of our team will be in touch with you.