Customer Service / Inside Sales Assistant
Bridgeport Worldwide has an immediate opening for a talented, personable and team focused Customer Service / Inside Sales Assistant. Join the team and help us on our journey to become the global leader in specialty Architectural Hardware solutions!
Bridgeport Worldwide is a happily growing firm (now with over twenty team members) in the high-end North American design and construction sector. We import, market, help specify and sell high-performance building hardware from around the world. We have customers from all segments in the design-build industry ranging from Architecture and Design firms to custom millwork shops, to contractors large and small.
We work with our customers to help them create beautiful environments for their clients. Our success is contingent on our ability to educate anyone in the design/build universe, including our direct customers, on how to properly specify and integrate our product offering into their product lines and projects.
Who you are and why we need you
This position entails heavy phone and e-mail interaction with customers, as well as a significant amount of order entry and order processing work, where thoroughness and accuracy are paramount.
- Customer Service - reply to customer needs efficiently and in a timely manner
- Data Entry - Purchase Orders/ Quote Requests and entering customer contact and business information into our ERP ordering system and CRM / Customer Relationship Management program,
- Stock Checks - provide lead times to customer includes contacting vendor or checking our system for inbound shipments.
- Order Status - provide updates to current orders, work with other departments as needed to determine arrival dates
- Phone - handle inbound phone traffic, evaluate request and forward to appropriate salesperson or provide requested information if applicable
- Email - maintain inbox, reply to customers or forward requests to the appropriate salesperson or dept.
- Sales Support - assist sales team as requested with tasks like preparing quotes, sourcing lead times and pricing, sending product literature and samples, etc.
- Learn the technical details of our product lines to answer customer questions
Our ideal candidate
- Is highly organised, conscientious and attentive to detail.
- Has excellent verbal and written skills.
- Has experience with CRMs and order processing.
- Is very comfortable working with numbers and has working knowledge of G-Suite, or Excel spreadsheets.
- Has a personable, high spirit and curious personality.
- Maintains a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Has a strong interest in design as well as a willingness to learn about both our products and our customers.
Sounds like you? Apply now and tell us why you are a perfect fit for this job!
What you get:
- A smart, industrious, relaxed yet professional team to work with and learn from
- Supportive hands-off management
- Integrity and commitment
- Fast potential for growth
- The opportunity to become an expert within the select world of architectural hardware
- Generous paid vacation
- Easy parking, great coffee and fun holiday parties (Yes, those are slowly coming back!)
Bridgeport Worldwide strives to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences make our service, and our company better.
B-W Covid 19 Hiring Status
Bridgeport Worldwide will be conducting remote and in-person interviews during this period, so long as in person meetings remain permissible under CDC guidelines. This role is a full time position, ideally filled by an individual able to be in our Bridgeport, Connecticut office on a regular basis. Due to the current Covid 19 situation, we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Interested in working with us?
Fill out the application below and a member of our team will be in touch with you.